The same regulations as elsewhere in Europe are valid on the roads in Istria. Speed limitations are marked on individual roads. Permitted speed in towns is 50 km/h, out of towns 80 km/h, on highways 130 km/h and on the Istrian Y motorway 110 km/h.
Allowed quantity of alcohol in the blood is 0,5 per mille.
Gas stations work according to the established schedule and some of them, mainly on major roads, are open 24 hours a day.
In case of car defect or accident, call HAK (Croatian Automobile Club) dispatcher centre tel. 1987 (round the clock). Services are paid in cash or credit cards. HAK is a member of AIT and FIA.
- from Croatia: (+385 1) 1987
- from abroad: +385 1 4693 700
- e-mail: email@example.com (Roadside assistance)
Traffic information and road conditions in Croatia
Daily news from HAK - Hrvatski Autoklub:
- from Croatia: 072 777 777
- from abroad: +385 1 464 0800
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Traffic information)