The area of Medulin has been inhabited since prehistoric times which can be seen from the remains of the settlements built by dry walls on a hill and surrounded by concentric circles. Even the Romans, having recognized the natural beauties of this area, built their villas here. One of the most beautiful ones, built in the 4th century, is situated on the Vižula peninsula. In the municipality there are many other historical monuments, one of them is the parish church of St. Agnes with two 33-meter-high bell towers.
The inhabitants of this area almost a hundred years ago have started to take care about the appearance of their town and in 1909 founded the Society for Adorning Medulin. At the time the population voluntarily afforested it along with the Kašteja peninsula which today is a park forest. At the beginning of the 20th century, the extraordinary beauties of this area appealed to Paul Kupelwieser as well, an Austrian industrial magnate and owner of the Brijuni islands. Planning on developing tourism, he bought a part of the Medulin littoral along with the Kaštej peninsula.
The municipality and town of Medulin belong to the most representative points of Istrian tourism and one of the twenty most recognizable destinations on the Adriatic. The dynamic development of Medulin is based on the valorization of the natural basis and the landscape physiognomy. Every visitor can find a real oasis of peace and quiet, rich with Mediterranean landscapes, but at the same time can spend a very dynamic and interesting vacation.