This strategically situated locality was originally a prehistoric citadel. Few traces remain nowadays, due to ground erosion. The first mention dates back to 1320, when the place belonged to the Church of St Nicholas on the island of Lido in Venice. The findings here include some stone fragments with wickerwork, tendril-like and other decorative patterns, all belonging to the 9th century. In the first half of the 19th century the church was desecrated and subsequently turned into a stable. Extant are only the perimeter walls with small windows and a semicircular apse, covered with stone slabs.