ISTRA INFO COVID-19 X  

Istrian building heritage of the Venetian era

The Bigatto Palace


Buzet, known as the town of truffles, keeps interesting testimonials of its history in the hilltop historical core as if it is guarding the town which flourishes in the valley. In the 16th century, it became the seat of the Rašpor Captaincy, the Venetian military commander in Istria. Thus it became one of the most important fortresses in hinterland Istria. Completed in 1639, it marked the beginning of the profane Baroque building in Buzet. It is also an exceptional example of the Mannerism and Early Baroque architecture. Today, the Bigatto palace is the site of the Heritage Museum.

2. istarske brigade 2, HR-52420 Buzet
T: +385 (0)52 662 836
info@poubuzet.hr
www.poubuzet.hr


Buje - Buie

Parish Church of St. Blaise

The Soardo-Bembo Palace

The Bishop's Tower

The Old Blacksmith's

Show