[Latest update: 11/06/2021]
Given the epidemiological situation and the possible transmission of Covid-19 disease, all persons in the Republic of Croatia are obliged to adhere to strict measures of physical distancing; all prescribed anti-epidemic measures, special recommendations and instructions of the Croatian Institute of Public Health.
• A strict measure of physical distancing requires the avoidance of close personal contact at a distance of at least 2 meters indoors and 1.5 meters outdoors.
• Mandatory use of face masks or medical masks indoors and outdoors when it is not possible to maintain a physical distance of at least 1.5 meters.
Necessary epidemiological measures
Restaurants, bars, cafe bars
• Catering facilities and OPGs (family farms) providing catering services may serve food and beverages in open-space service areas and indoor
• Cafes may serve beverages only in open-space service areas (outdoor teraces)
• When staying on the terraces of catering facilities, it is necessary to adhere to epidemiological measures and maintain physical distance
• Restaurants and cafes are open from 6 a.m. until 12 p.m.
Shops and shopping centers
• The obligation for all shops, stores and shopping centers to limit the number of customers who can stay in their premises at the same time
• To clearly display at the entrance a notice of the largest possible number of customers
• Bakeries and shops selling bread and bakery products can be open until 11 p.m.
• Open with strict adherence to measures
• Limited number of persons allowed
• The number of people allowed at all public events and gatherings is 100
• Public events, gatherings and ceremonies of all kinds can last up to 11 p.m.
• Wedding ceremonies: wedding planners have to check whether all participants have been inoculated, tested or have recovered from COVID-19. The ceremonies can have up to 120 guests and can last until 11 pm
Other mandatory precautions
• A ban on the sale of alcoholic beverages between 11.00 p.m. and 6.00 a.m.
• Opening hours of casinos and club vending machines can be from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
• Open-air fairs are allowed to be held but guests are required to wear masks
• Religious and cultural events: the number of participants will depend on the size of the venue, with a minimum of 4m2 per person
• There is no limit to the number of people attending funerals, last farewells and urn layings, but condolences must be expressed with no close contact between those who are attending