The Church of St. RoccoAlthough badly preserved, frescoes decorate the walls of the small St. Rocco's Church at the entrance of Oprtalj. St. Rocco Church was built in the 14th century as a single-nave edifice with a bell gable. It was extended during the Baroque by adding a portico, fully renovated in 1913.
The oldest part of the church keeps scenes with saints painted by Anthony from Padua. The best preserved is the figure of St. Leonard, the saint in chains, that best shows Anthony’s modelling of the face, anatomic details of meticulous drawing and the thick, opaque layers of colour.
How to get there:
St. Rocco is only a few steps away from the Oprtalj resting spot with a panoramic view.
The Church is always open.