Istrian building heritage of the Venetian era

The Negri Palace


The Negri Baroque Palace was owned by the namesake family who moved to Labin in 1512 from the area surrounding Bergamo. The first of the Negri family who lived in Istria was Giovanni Antonio, a banker and a business man. From their very arrival, the family enjoyed the privileges and the sympathy of the Venetian podestà, owing as many as eight houses in Labin. Right next to the Manzini Palace is the Negri family house (today the location of the Re bar in its atrium). It was a hospital for a while, then a nursery and a school.

From their very arrival, the family enjoyed the privileges and the sympathy of the Venetian podestà, owing nine town houses, three mills and several smaller estates in the late 16th and the early 17th cc. They were traders of wood and agricultural products, hunters and fishermen.

Giuseppina Martinuzzi 11, HR-52220 Labin

Show