During the time period from 1865 and 1880, at a distance of 25 m from the sea, the lighthouse has been built. It was named Lanterna by the local people.
Lighthouse Marlera was, due to strong sea currents and strong winter winds, built in the vicinity of several islets and rocks in order to ensure safety of navigation. The lighthouse has, from the day it was built till 1970, always been inhabited.
It consists of separate tower which is 9 m high, with light included and the ground building surface of 60 m2. There is no electricity in the building while the water supplies are provided from its own water tank. The lighthouse is automated and included into the system of distance surveillance.