The parochial church of St. Martin (Beram)
Few know that the Beram parochial church of St. Martin, rebuilt in neoromantic style in the beginning otf the XX. century, has a perfectly preserved gothic sanctuary of an older church from 1431. with frescos older than the Škriljine ones behind the present-day main altar. A baptismal font with a Glagolitic inscription is also kept in that sanctuary, while a late-gothic relief with an image of St. Martin made in a folksey manner is built into the wall. The altar canvas painting in the new part of the church was made by Celestin Medović, a Croatian painter, in the XIX.cent.